Thursday, April 23, 2009

How much is that doggie in the window
















You all know these - adorable to some - annoying to others - little dogs. Since "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" (the movie), our youngest daughter can't stop nagging about when she's going to get her own Chihuahua. Please. Hello??? Why can't I have one??? Everybody has one!!
IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

You know what I mean, don't you? And you can understand why she can't have her own Chihuahua, can't you? But 12 yo girls cannot reason when their heart melts over a little dog.. Even if its eyes pop out of its tiny little head. Even if its tail can be used as a paint brush. Even if the only thing it does, is bark in a very high voice. Because that's how I felt about Chihuahuas..

Until I met Zita. And Zita gave me that special puppy look, with her lovely black marble eyes. Zita, who licked me very carefully on the cheek, like she wanted to welcome me. Little white Zita, with the light brown spots on her back. Sweet little Zita, with the long eye lashes (I can't believe I'm even talking about this..), and the white, wiggly tail..

But no! I mean, we have Arthur, our tomcat. We have 3 turtles (red-eared sliders), 4 chickens (no, they don't need a rooster, thank you very much), 1 goldfish (we need a fish for the cat, as he will only drink water from a fish bowl). We have little time, and we like to travel. How could we keep a dog??? Okay, you don't need to walk this dog, you carry it in your purse. 1-0. And no, they don't eat much, since they are so tiny, they can eat out of a tablespoon. 2-0. It doesn't need special housing, because it sleeps next to you in bed, so it can lick your face to wake you up in the morning! NO!!! I'm NOT giving in!

No comments: