Monday, September 20, 2010

Green fingers

Plants can truly brighten up one's house. I have a couple of huge plants to decorate my house with. There's a big problem though.. I suck at watering my plants. Either I drown them, or I completely forget to water them. The soil becomes so dry, it almost falls apart in dust. And then I give them so much water, they die anyway. Plants that don't need much water do much better around here. And I'm good at growing herbs. Well, I don't even grow them. I buy them and hubby plants them in my herb garden. The sun and the rain do the rest.

I always forget to buy fertilizer and yes, those plants do need food to keep growing and to make their leaves shine. I'm looking at my plants right now and trust me.. it's not a pretty sight. Maybe I should get up and trash them. They are not going to make it anyway. Some new plants and a watering schedule might get me back on track.

2 comments:

Upje said...

Sounds familiar to me!

Misschien moet je jezelf een cactus aanschaffen. Ik heb hem wegens niet thuis geweest eens zes maanden geen water gegeven, en toch leefde dat ding nog. En dan heb ik het een paar maanden héééél af en toe wat water gegeven en plots kwamen er zelfs bloemen aan en al! Zo'n cactus is gewoon niet kapot te krijgen :D

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Hahahaha! goed idee, maar nee, toch bedankt. Heb het niet zo op die speldenkussens. Ben blijkbaar toch niet de enige die niet zo goed is in 't gieten van planten