Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's kiss and make up

When we were kids, my brother and sister and I used to fight over everything. Stupid issues, but that's what kids fight about, right? Whenever my dad would enter the room, he would say we had to kiss and make up. How I hated that phrase!! I never wanted to kiss and make up! I wanted him to listen to me and hear why we were fighting. I wanted him for once in a life time, to listen to us, children, to hear what we had to say. But he never did.. I guess it was the easiest way out for him. He was never really good with solving issues. Neither was my mom. They always thought moving on was the best solution. It lead to major issues that until now, have not been  solved. 

I never learned how to solve conflicts. It's not easy. It's easier to run from the problem than to deal with it. But experience tells me, that it's not the best solution. Because after all, the problems won't go away, on the contrary, they will haunt you. 

So nowadays, I'm still not a fan of kiss and make up. I want to kiss and make up, after we have solved the issue. And I'm still learning. I want to do better. 

No comments: