Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Opposites attract

As far as I'm concerned, hubby and I are complete opposites. I guess that's what makes our marriage work so well. He's the more quiet, introvert type. I'm loud and extrovert. I like to go out and meet friends, socialize whenever I feel like it. He prefers to stay at home and watch TV. I don't mind him watching TV and he is not upset when I go see my friends.

He's the sporty type, I'm a total loser when it comes to sports. I even take the car to go fetch bread. He likes snow countries, I like the sun. He likes to lay down around the pool on vacation, I prefer to roam around the country, looking out for new thingamajigs.

He likes stability and a steady workplace. I like flexibility and the challenge of a new job in a new environment.

So what keeps us together??? Love, I guess? We give each other the freedom and the respect we need and deserve. Of course we also do things together and with our family, but apart from that, we also lead our own life. And I believe nothing's wrong with that. After all, we have been together for 15 years now and maybe our strength is the way we live?

1 comment:

Upje said...

Ik herken veel ... Maar inderdaad, opposites attract?! ;)