Friday, June 5, 2009

Acceptance versus rejection

Either you accept your shortcomings, or you reject them. Rejection often means, that your shortcomings will haunt you, because you do not wish to face them. Once you have accepted your less good talents, you have the chance to think them over and see what you can do to improve them. It takes a lot of effort and it may be a very rocky road. You need to do a lot of soul searching, but in the end, it will make you a better person.

Grieving is almost likely to be part of that period in your life, while you are trying to sort yourself out. It's hard, but so worth it. It's not about revenge or badmouthing others. It's not about blaming other people for periods of your life you weren't that happy. It's about moving on with the rest of your life. It's about acknowledging what has happened and learning from those experiences. You can't change what you don't acknowledge. But it takes time to heal. Some things have to be said, so you can see it in the right perspective. Some people just want to forget and bury the things they don't want to talk about. But for me, that doesn't work. I have this erge to solve things in order to move on.

Things are going pretty good right now. I'm feeling a whole lot better about myself and it gives me strength to go on. I have very supportive friends, I have my family and in-laws behind me and of course, there is my husband and our two lovely daughters. I feel blessed..

3 comments:

Dr. Carl Florenco said...

read the lattest study on acceptance or rejection get a copy of The power of Self Separation you will enjoy it

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Thank you for letting me know. I'll look into it. :-)

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

I have ordered the book. It should get here in 2-3 weeks. I'm curious!