Monday, June 15, 2009

Spring has come

Finally Spring has arrived. How I have longed for some sunshine. People automatically feel better when the sun is out to warm our bodies. I remember resenting the sound of the birds on an early morning, when I was a teen, but nowadays it is music to my ears. Can't wait to go outside with my camera, making delicate pictures of the fresh flowers in the garden. Hubby is very good at gardening and he really takes care of his plants and shrubs. We have chosen for whites and greens. On the terrace, we have some purple shades to go with the white and the green. It's very calming.

It's so quiet over here. Especially at night, when the darkness falls. Then you can hear the snails munch on a crispy leaf. Hopefully this year, they will let us eat the lettuce. They can eat the ivy if they wish.

Every once in a while, we have frogs and hedgehogs in our garden. It's fascinating to watch them live their life. Sometimes there are bird nests as well. Our cat Arthur isn't very nice to the little birds, so we prefer them to nest elsewhere.

Spring is my favorite season. What's yours?

No comments: