Thursday, July 2, 2009

Drowning

Drowning people cannot help others. Pretty obvious. Unless they are so strong that they have some energy left to help you after all.

I have so many things to do and so little time. I don't even work at the moment but still, I can't seem to get organised. I look at my full time working friends and I wonder: when do they do the things they enjoy? When do they cook? Do they have time to clean their house, do the laundry, check their children's homework?

I feel my diabetes is a full time job already. At the end of August, I have my annual check up and I want it to be perfect. I would like my HbA1c (the average glucose level of the last 6 weeks) to be better than last time. It wasn't that bad (7.7%) and one of the lowest I ever had, but I want it to be lower again. It's better for our health if the HbA1c is below 7. So I check more (up to 15 times a day instead of the 5 times I'm supposed to check). And it's paying off! At least something is getting done over here...


1 comment:

Upje said...

When do we do those things? Not! (In my case :P).

You are doing great, Cathy. And I admire how you handle your diabetes. With the effort you're making, it would be nothing but fair if your HbA1C would be better ... Thumbs up, and believe in it!

Big hug