Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friends you can choose, family comes at birth

Some people believe nothing can come between them and their family. I know better. You can't choose your family, although they chose to have you. They say once you have children, you have them for life. Being a parent is a full time job and a job of a life time. Taken that you keep in touch. Some families do well, others don't. Some parents cling to their children, others let go but still care. There are so many different kinds of families.

I'm lucky to have many friends. Some I have chosen, others have chosen me to be their friend. Having friends is very important. Some friends are more important than other. Some friends mean so much to me, that I would stop whatever I'm doing to help them. I have best friends, good friends, friends,.. I have realtime friends and internet friends and some internet friends have become realtime friends as well.

I have some great relatives and I have great in-laws. I don't like everyone in the family, but that's okay. Nobody can make me like anyone. It's my choice after all. You cannot force someone to like you. Neither can I order them to like me. I wouldn't feel comfortable if people would hang out with me, just because we are related. I rather have friends by choice..


No comments: