Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No particular place to go

We had no particular place to go to, but my friend and I hopped in the car and went for a ride. No children, no husbands, just the two of us. The sun was out, the top of the car was down. The music was on and we were enjoying each other's company. We ended up in Middelburg, Holland and spent a great day, roaming around the streets. We don't see each other as often as we want to, but we make up by having a day to ourselves whenever we can.

We ended up in restaurant Pandora in Watervliet, to enjoy a wonderful dinner outside, on the deck. Too bad thunder, lightning and rain drove us inside.
Call it mom's time, or lady friend's time. Call if whatever you want, but I know it cheers me up and I love to spend time with my friends. I like to hang out with my family too, but some special time with good friends is different. Don't you need some grown up time once in a while? We complain about our husbands, or nag about the children, but in the end, we all go home and we cherish the time with our family. I know I'm thankful for having my family. It's just that once in a while, I need some private time away from them..


No comments: