Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shoes in a box

I admit it... I'm guilty. I love shoes... I can't enter a shoe shop without buying shoes. I have way too many shoes, I know. And none of them really fit or are that comfortable that I could wear them all day. My feet tend to swell by the end of the day. I get blisters on my foot soles pretty easily. My foot soles get overheated and then it's hard to keep walking. I buy the more expensive brands, as well as the cheaper shoes, and none of them do the job. So I keep buying shoes and I keep switching shoes during the day.

On our shopping trip to Oberhausen, Germany, I bought two pairs of shoes. The first pair I bought is absolutely fabulous and unique and colorful and they have high but sturdy heels. They felt so comfortable in the shop, when I tried them on! Until we went out for dinner that night and strolled along the boulevard. Shoot...my feet were so sore and warm and swollen. But hey, girls in high heels can bare some pain, can't they?
I couldn't do much else than shop for another pair of "comfy" shoes and I ended up with a pair of maroon Rieker slippers. They have a little heel and they are very comfortable. For now. I'll take them to Morocco. The perfect shoe for the beach and around the pool.

My eldest daughter has the same size of shoes as I do. She loves my new fancy shoes! But she's 14! Is she supposed to wear high heels already? She doesn't have good feet either. In the house, she's barefoot and that's probably a good idea. But not for me.. I feel naked without shoes.


3 comments:

Upje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

I loved your shoes when we went out to eat "steppegras". Sorry to hear that you have the same foot issues...

Regular trousers will do just fine for now.. sexy and sexy...dunno about that

Upje said...

I have the same foot problems ... but because of them, I HATE bying shoes! Appararently, you don't ;).

And about your daughter: even we - having really conservative, ... parents - could wear high heels at 14. Sometimes, and of course not exagerated high, but otherwise ... why not? (Of course it depends: what is she wearing? Normal trousers, or something really short and sexy? ;) )

xxx

Upje