Thursday, October 15, 2009

Deep throat

I'm telling you, I had a gastroscopy today and I am not willing to take that examination ever again... Oh my gosh.. The initial plan was to sedate me, but since I didn't come with a driver, it was not allowed, for you cannot drive the car after having had sedation. So the second option was a light sedation and I agreed to go for that option. The nurse tried to inject the sedation into the veins of my left arm, near my wrist, on the inside. It didn't work and my veins started to swell up and it got real nasty and stingy. So they decided to try my other arm. Same thing: a no-no. Last attempt: the back of my hand. Ouch... that was not a good idea either. So there was nothing left for me than say that they could perform the exam without sedation. Stupid plan...
As soon as they inserted the gastroscope down my oesophagus, I started to gag. I felt awful and my throat felt so raw and painful. I kept gagging and the doctor asked me to make sure not to throw up.. but I did. In fact I puked all over myself and that wasn't nice at all. I felt really embarrassed but I couldn't help it. It's a normal reflex and it took them so long, since they had to do a biopsy of my stomach and my duodenum.
After the gastroscopy I had to wait for 2 more hours before I could see the doctor. I was fortunate to have a scarf in my purse, to cover up the stains on my clothes. I tried to wash it off as good as I could, but I would have showered and changed clothes if I had had the opportunity.

I have deep, very deep respect for women that know what a real "deep throat" feels like. They could pay me a fortune, I wouldn't do it... Sorry guys! Any man who dreams about this fantasy, should have a gastroscopy without sedation. They would certainly never demand it again, if they had any respect towards women...


No comments: