Monday, February 8, 2010

Loss of appetite

Whenever I feel like having some goodies, I force myself to think about disgusting food. Immediately it brings me back in time and then I think of the all traditional American Baloney Sandwich. The children I took care of in the US, loved this sandwich, made of two slices of white bread (wonder bread or cotton bread). You spread mayonnaise on one slice and mustard on the other. You take a couple of slices of bologna sausage and you pop that onto the bread. Can you believe some people even fry the bologna before putting it on their sandwich? UGH!
On top of the bologna sausage, you put some slices of cheese, tomato and cucumber. You top it with the second slice of bread. If you wish, you can grill the sandwich now, to make sure the cheese melts over the meat. Indulge..

Thinking of the smell of this grilled baloney sandwich, my stomach turns upside down and my appetite is gone. So what's your ideal method to prevent overeating?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik heb nog geen methode gevonden.

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

het toilet schoonmaken wil ook wel eens helpen.

Traci said...

This sounds a lot like what Paul McKenna teaches. I often do this, only take it one step further. He writes that if you think "I shouldn't have that cookie, I shouldn't have that cookie" what are you really thinking about? The cookie. He has you do the same thing. Think about something absolutely disgusting. Food, a bad habit, etc. When you are focused on how disgusting that food is, you then switch and think of a good thought. When you got married, a happy moment in your life. Once you've gone through this process of refocusing, you suddenly don't want that food anymore, and don't crave it. thanks for sharing this!

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

And now you make me wonder who Paul McKenna is? I'll google him tonight.
Great to find you here Traci! You're doing absolutely great with your www.diabeticparents.org

Upje said...

I was always told to eat cucumbers whenever I was craving for sweets etc. And I have to admit: if you eat them, the idea of chocolats etc is less attractive ...

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

cucumbers huh... I buy them regularly and I throw them out regularly as well.. all soggy and icky. I bet the chickens in our backyard no longer crave chocolate since they have cucumbers..