Friday, March 26, 2010

Chicken run

All the way back in the yard, we have 4 chickens in a pen. They have been there for ages and they give us eggs in return for food. Every now and then, hubby has to make sure to clip one of their wings, so they can't fly. I guess it is about time..

Rebba and Inthe were racing around the back yard. I was holding the kitchen leftover container, to go feed the chickens. The whippets love to join me all the way back there, but I never let them socialize with the poultry. Too dangerous. Both of them love the taste of poultry and I do not want to tempt them.

But now things were a little different. One hen had successfully crossed the border. She had managed to escape from her pen and she was strolling around, picking in the dirt to make the worms appear. Oh oh.. that was not a good plan. Rebba spotted her and chased her. I opened the door to the pen, and luckily, the hen found her way back in. She raced towards her fellow chickens, making a terrible noise. I slammed the door shut, just before Rebba could take a bite out of her bum. So hubby, grab those scissors. We really do not want the dogs to eat the other pets..


No comments: