Monday, March 29, 2010

Daddy Long Legs

They seem to be everywhere nowadays. Behind door posts, in the bathroom, under the couch. I hate spiders! Doesn't matter how big, fat or black they are: I just don't like them at all! They don't scare me, but I find them icky. They run sideways and they always appear when you least expect them.

Sometimes, I compare our whippets to spiders, because of their long legs. But they only have four, not eight. So that's a huge difference. And whippets don't walk sideways, nor do they climb walls. I'm glad we no longer have a basement. I would never enter that basement, because it was the perfect climate for spiders.

Some people vacuum spiders, but I would never do that. What if they survive? Just the thought of them living there, inside the dust bag. Ieuw! I don't smash them either. I like to flush them down the drain, especially if I find one in my bath tub. I rinse them down with hot water and then I close the drain, so they can't crawl back into the tub. That way, I'm sure they are gone.


2 comments:

Upje said...

Euhm, schattie toch, waarom zouden die vieze spinnen overleven in de stofzuiger?! Die worden daar verstikt vanaf de seconde dat ze erin zitten, hoor!

Maar verder deel ik wel je mening: iew, iew, iew!!!!

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Denk je? Wil toch dat risico niet lopen zulle. 't Gedacht dat die daar blijven zitten in die zak? bbrrrr...