Saturday, March 27, 2010

Everything is shipshape

This week, I had the opportunity to babysit our nephew. He's going to be 10 soon and he's a real joy and full of life. Hubby was asked to be his godfather, so he is just that little extra to us. He's a cool kid and he looks great. Pretty smart for his age as well and very sociable. I like him!

So I got to look after him. Not that there was much to do, because he's very independent. Inthe joined me as a surprise and he was very happy to see her. They cuddled on the couch and Kid promised her a treat if she would sit down for him. Which she did, of course. She's a whippet after all and always in for a treat. She laid down on top of you on the couch to take a nap. You're real gentle with her and she loves to lick you. Ugh.. I hope she will stop doing that one day..

Kid's mom texted me to see how we were doing. As expected, things were shipshape and Kid went to bed at his regular bedtime. No probs! I hope he will come visit us during Easter break. It would be great to do some cooking/baking together.


No comments: