Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm thirsty

Shoot.. I had to detach my insulin pump for a routine check up. Stupid me, for not double checking after reattaching it. I should've known better! A couple of hours later, I was so thirsty, I could drink a gallon of water.. or two. It was right before dinner that I came home, and my blood glucose meter was still in the car. So I didn't test. I sat down right away and digged in. I was hungry!! I thought... But in fact, it was thirst that my brains were noticing. It was not till after dinner, that I finally stood up to get a drink. I checked my blood sugar on the way back from the car. Darn! 543 mg/dl... Immediately I checked the cannula on my tummy and indeed, it was not locked properly. I reattached it and consulted the bolus wizzard to know how much insulin I would need to make my levels calm down. Let's hope they will have downsized by the time I go to bed..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gaat het al beter nu?

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

't komt allemaal in orde. Altijd.