Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bovine ears and cheese-spread Kongs

Nowadays, I no longer run errands only for the family. We have two dogs and they come with special dog treats. So many items I had never heard of. I thought dogs had dog food, period. Apparently, there's a whole range of dog food, going from wet food over frozen meat to raw meat and puffed pellets. There's just too much choice.. And that's only their main course. How about treats and snacks? I have found several websites selling special home made dog biscuits. Go figure! Really! Garlic & cheese, peanut butter (dogs looooooooooove peanut butter), bacon biscuits.. the list is endless. Cookies to keep flees away, cookies to clean their teeth. It's just absurd. But I guess I'm absurd enough to go with the flow and buy them all the treats they crave.

So yes, I frequently order from an online petshop, by the name of Zooplus. They give good deals (you may find a dog treat or toy in your delivery box every now and then), great prices and excellent products. They are fast as lightening when it comes to home delivery: how about the next day? I'm glad I found that shop and Inthe and Rebba go absolutely nuts when their goodies are being delivered.

Dogs love toys as well. Inthe is trying to lick the cheesespread out of her Kong toy and Rebba is chewing her way through a bovine ear. I guess nowadays dogs are being spoiled. They have their own toy chest, a dog's bed, a passport, pyjamas and fancy leashes. They have become family members I guess. Don't forget their blanket if you want them to take a nap on your beautiful couch..


No comments: