Monday, April 19, 2010

Odd jobs

I may not be a 9 to 5 person and at the age of 38, I still don't know what profession would suit me best. But I do know I need challenges in my jobs. Routine in my life is not something I'm acquainted with. I like my days to be different. I like to go to work, not knowing what the day will bring. I like the unexpected. It makes life much more interesting. I have never ever had the feeling that I would want to stay at a certain job for the rest of my life. Some people wouldn't want otherwise. They are more productive in jobs that have become routines to them. That's fine. It's just not me, that's all.

If people ask me what kind of job I would like to do, I don't really have an answer. There's not a particular job description for me. There are so many interesting things to explore, and so many different employers, that it never gets boring. I don't like to be bored. I need excitement, I need challenges, I need innovations. I don't see what's wrong with that. Doesn't matter what job I do, I always give 100%, at any time. If I would do the same job for decades, I would become so bored and tired, that I wouldn't perform well. Maybe I should be my own boss..

No comments: