Friday, April 9, 2010

Sugar, we're going down!

Elizabeth Edelman, a highly respected member of Diabetes Daily, is a type 1 diabetic and a young mom. I like to read her blog and just recently, she surprised us readers, with a 7 day diabetic meal plan. What a joy! This is exactly what I've been looking for!! Elizabeth eats low carb. Doctors over here are not convinced that low carb meals are the solution for us diabetics. But I think differently. I have heard about the results of the people sticking to this kind of diet and I'm prepared to give it a try. Living in the States would make things a lot easier, because they have low carb products everywhere, even in restaurants. Over here, not many shops have these products. That's a pain, but having read Elizabeth's meal plan, it's within reach.

I have translated the recipes for my Dutch diabetic friends and my grocery list is made. I'm ready! This meal plan looks so healthy and still has so little carbs, that my blood sugars can't but drop. And isn't that what us diabetics want in the end? So yes, sugar, we're going down this time!


No comments: