Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You'd better not pout

I'm the worst patient ever. I'm not good at being unable to take care of myself. I don't like the crutches and depending on others is even worse. That cast is really bugging me and it's a real nuisance. Working as a personal assistant is what I like to do. Needing a personal assistant is not my cup of tea. I like to be independent, I like to do what I want whenever I want to do it.
Taking a shower for example, is a true ordeal if you have only one foot to stand on. And the tub is pretty slippery!!! Blow drying your hair is different, if you need crutches to stand. It takes me half a day to get showered and dressed and by then, I'm so sweaty I could use another shower..

So I throw the crutches in a corner and I hobble around the house. I know I shouldn't, but there's work to be done and food to be cooked. I thought having the kids at home would make things easier, but they are so used to having mom around to do all the chores, that it doesn't occur to them that helping out could be useful... Now what's that word kids use all the time: whatever? Right... whatever...


No comments: