Saturday, July 24, 2010

Picture Perfect

The photoshoot went real well. Pascale and Douglas are a great couple and they made me feel at ease real quickly. I'm not used to having my picture taken. Mostly I'm the photographer in this house. I don't like it when people try to take pictures of me. Because I don't like the result..

Every now and then, Pascale let me see some of the pictures she had taken so far and that helped. It made me feel more confident. For the first time, I actually looked into the lens of the camera. I felt proud and I can tell my selfworth is coming back. And that's a good sign. Little by little, I'm getting stronger. I'm starting to like the person I see in the mirror. The scale is no longer my worst enemy. I can face the mirror when I'm taking a shower. It's not yet where I want to be, but there's improvement. I'm happy..

The photographer will enlarge 3 pictures of me to keep. One of those pictures I will give to my mammie. It's her birthday today. For all my life, she stood by my side and she has always been very supportive in whatever I did. I know she will be happy with a picture of me, being happy and cheerful.

No comments: