Saturday, September 11, 2010

Going back to school

Like many of us, I'm going back to school. Not a regular school though. I've subscribed for cooking classes. They call it: cooking for diabetics. People with diabetes should no longer stick to a sugarfree diet. In fact, they can eat what any other person taking good care of his health may eat. Healthy food, that is beneficial for all of us. Of course you're not supposed to have truck loads of sugar, that's pretty obvious. But neither should any other person, right?

I'm really looking forward to the cooking classes. It's going to be my first cooking experience in a school related area. Exciting I must say! Maybe I'll get to know some more people with D. There are so many of us. Everyone nowadays knows at least one person with diabetes. Or at least, that's what the statistics tell us. Don't you think it's about time that people start to take better care of themselves? Time to invest in our own health? I'm sure it's a darn good investment! I think I need some time on a sunbed in a distant place, to relax and enjoy life. To have someone around, bringing me a healthy, nutritious salad full of vitamins and good stuff. I don't think there will be sunbeds in school, but who will stop me from pretending?

No comments: