Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Undying love

My daughter told me about a movie she and her friends watched in boarding school. The girls were all in tears afterwards. It didn't take me that long to tear up. It started halfway the movie for me..

Professor Parker (Richard Gere) finds an Akita puppy in the railway station, on his way home from work. Hachi(ko) and Parker become extremely attached to one another. Every day, Hachi follows Parker to the railway station, where Parker heads of to work. By 5 PM Hachi sits in front of the station to wait for his friend's return. Parker and Hachi understand each other real well. Hachi is such a clever dog. Akita dogs are a very special Japanese breed. They are not the fetch-the-ball kind of dog. They cannot be bribed to doing things they are not designed for. Akita dogs are known for their loyalty towards their owners, their friendship and the prosperity they stand for. The first time Hachi plays fetch, is a very special but at the same time very sad moment in the movie.. See for yourself. The movie is based on a true story.

I need some more kleenex.. I guess I want to watch Hachiko, A Dog's Story one more time..

No comments: