Sunday, November 21, 2010

It ripped my heart out..

The girls have left for Holland. We're going away for a couple of days, and our whippets are not used to being by themselves all day. So we called our dog day care if they would be willing to pamper our precious girls during our absence. Our dogs are welcome at any time, they said. Just an hour ago, they came to pick them up. Inthe was so aroused to see Sandra!!! She nearly jumped in her neck. It's good to see that she still remembers her. Rebba didn't know what to think of it... hmhm... I think she makes the connection: Sandra means mommy and daddy won't be around..

I packed their suitcase: their favorite blanket (it has my smell on it), their favorite toys, their passport, their leashes and some goodies. It was like I was saying goodbye to them for ever! They jumped in the car and laid down in the kennel right away. Whippet Desmond and his sister Molly were all excited in the back seat. Desmond is a gorgeous whippet male in very special colors. I'm sure he fancies my Inthe, who is still on heat. Let's keep our fingers crossed she won't seduce any males out there. Rebba will surely chaperone her, but you know those men.. it ain't any different with dogs..

I'm going to miss them terribly. It's so quiet in the house. Okay, I'll be able to wash all the blankets on the couch and I'll be able to go to bed at a more decent hour, but I'll miss them so much.. They have become really important to me.

I am looking forward to our outing, trust me! It'll keep my mind of Rebba and Inthe. But Thursday morning, I will race to Kuitaart, Holland, to pick my girls up!

No comments: