A long walk along a pristine beach? Classical music or a romantic movie?
I'm not very good at relaxing. Some years ago, I signed up for a number of relaxation classes. The silence in the room freaked me out in advance. I wanted to hear some music instead of that deadly silence. But that was not going to happen. I heard nothing but my own breath and that could not give me any relaxation.
Comfort food makes me zen. Honestly.. Having spent time near my stove before I sink down in a chair to enjoy that one perfect meal. Total relaxation! I keep some recipes handy for these moments. How about a comforting apple crumble?
what do we need:
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 50 grams of real butter
- 50 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of plain flour
- 80 grams of cold butter, cut into pieces
- 80 grams of demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a pan on the stove. Melt the butter and bake the apple slices until nearly done.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the fruit and let it simmer for a while, until the apples caramelize.
- Fill 4 ovenproof bowls with the apple slices and press well.
- Mix the flour with the butter and the sugar until you get fine crumbs that look like sand.
- Divide the crumble over the 4 bowls and make sure all of the fruit is covered with crumble.
- Bake the apple crumble for 25 min or until golden.
- Serve plain, with vanilla ice cream or clotted cream.
- Dive in!