Monday, July 11, 2011

A red flag

If they would hang up red flags in the beginning of the streets that have shoe shops, it would keep me from buying more shoes.. Honestly! I can't grasp how women can enter a shoe shop without buying any shoes? How do they do that? I mean: what's the fun? Window shopping is not in my dictionary. If I shop, I shop well. Every month, I buy at least one pair of shoes. Mostly high heels. I do own some flat shoes, but I hardly ever wear them. My youngest daughter taught me to keep some ballerinas in my oversized purse, for emergencies only. And that was a good idea. Since I like to shop in Bruges and since cobble stones are not very comfortable to walk on, I do need an extra pair of shoes, to prevent my feet from getting blisters. Diabetics need to take very good care of their feet and my podiatrist warned me about the effect of wearing high heels for such a long period of time.  It's just that I'm so short.. I need those high heels to feel feminine and a bit taller. They make your legs look longer and high heels stretch your calves. They may not be the most comfortable shoes, but they sure make a woman look more attractive..

A couple of years ago, I decided I needed a decent shoe rack. Not one store bought rack could please me and was appropriate to display my shoe collection. So I decided to make my own. It took me no more than 2 hours to draw a plan, go to the timber shop and order the boards and screws I needed. That afternoon, I built my own shoe rack and it came out a whole lot better than I had presumed. The rack holds about 40 pairs of shoes and boots. It's time to build a second rack, matching the first. I had to get rid of quite some pairs since my feet seem to have shrunk. Depending on the discounts I can get, my shoe size ranges from 39 over 40 to 41. My feet tend to swell in the afternoon so by the evening I might need a larger size.

Maybe I should ask the girls to photograph my most favorite shoes. That would be a fun idea! I'm sure they would love that. The more I think of it, the more I get convinced that I need to draw out that second shoe rack.. because I feel the need to check out the sales at my favorite shoe shops..

3 comments:

Stijn said...

misschien toch eens nadenken over bijbouwen? :)

Jangeox said...

hmmm... shoe shopping. Ik ken mannen die er ook last van hebben :-)

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Schitterend Jangeox! Let's go!