Thursday, August 18, 2011

T.G.I.F.

Most working people will look forward to Fridays, so they can start the weekend. Since I don't work and hubby works weekends as well as weekdays, to us Fridays aren't that different from other days. It is different because the girls are home for the weekend then, but otherwise...

Being in Florida, we have heard the song Thank God It's Friday too many times. Being on the road, we can see the fast food chain T.G.I.F. every 5 min or so... We haven't been there because after all: fastfood will always be fastfood, right? I mean: how different can burgers and fries be? We have been to MacDonald's (just for convenience on our first night here) and to Johnny Rockets (at least they have real burgers - more for the interior and the atmosphere than for the fastfood) and that's plenty. I'm not that much of a fastfood person I guess. I do prefer home cooked meals and more healthy meals. My stomach isn't impressed when I have burgers and fries or other fried products.

I long for vegetables and fresh fruit. Thank God (I wouldn't know who else to thank?) for Europe. I'm glad Europe is still a little behind when it comes to food and going out to eat. I would absolutely not want to live in a culture where hamburgers and fries or pizza are that common. Pizza is great as a treat every once in a while, but shouldn't be on my daily menu. I don't know how you guys and gals feel about that? Could you eat this kind of food every day? I know some of you could be I can't... sorry...

No comments: