Thursday, October 18, 2012

Could it be the weather?

So many of my diabetic friends tell me that their blood glucose is way out of control. Could it be that time of the year? Falling of the leaves, the Indian summer that is getting wiped out by autumn? I don't know, but every year the same story is being told. Doctors would probably declare us plain stupid, but then again, they don't have D. They don't have to deal with it every freaking day. I'm so sick of it for the moment. It's grabbing me by the throat and I can't find the energy to fight back. I know it would be better to take a closer look at my basal pattern and see if something needs to change. Yesterday I finally managed to open the software that comes with my insulin pump. The numbers the program spitted out, didn't make me real happy though. Lowest BG 44 - highest 442. Great.. Just what I had expected it to be. Bye bye better A1c. I'm going up again and I can't do much about it. Maybe I have to accept that life can't always be a party... So for everyone out here, who's struggling with D: screw the disease! Let us get better and take over control. 

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I can totally relate to this. Seems like sometimes, no matter what we do, things just don't fall into line. Good thing we're good at rolling with the punches!

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Absolutely Scott..