Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life

I love to come into my house, when it has just been cleaned. The smell of cleaning products, the smooth feeling under your feet, the tidiness around the house. It takes a great effort to clean a complete house. It wears you out and the satisfaction doesn't last long. You keep telling the kids to take their shoes off because you just cleaned the house. You don't feel like feeding the cat, because the cat food never remains in the bowl. Cooking is not allowed, because that would mean you would have to clean the stove again. No showers may be taken, or you need to clean the bathroom again. Pff... what a pain.. 

Some people have one special day of the week reserved to clean their house. Nothing else can happen that day. Bye bye spontaneity. Many years ago, I thought Fridays were the best days to clean the house, so you would have a clean house for the week-end. But then your kids have their friends over and after they have left, you can start cleaning again, to have a clean house for the week to come.

So now, I clean whenever it's needed. We vacuum often and we have all special cleaning systems to make our life easier. Although I love a clean house, it will never be my favorite pastime
We used to have someone come over to clean for us. And you know what startled me? That everybody paid more attention to try to keep the house clean after she had gone. How come they don't have the same attitude when I clean the house?

People surely won't say after my death: she had a wasted life.. That says it all..

1 comment:

Upje said...

Grijns. Sounds familiar to me! ;-)