Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm not ready to say goodbye yet...


My Deltec Cozmo insulin pump, that has kept me alive for nearly 3 years, has gone out of business. The worldwide financial situation has made the company stop making medical supplies for diabetics. I am really attached to my pump and I'm heart broken.. I don't want to trade my Cozmo for some other pump, that has no benefits to me what so ever. Okay, there is one option that I believe to be valuable: the continuous glucose monitoring. But by no means will we be able to use it, because it's too expensive and the clinic is not going to provide for it. So what's the use?

The only insulin pump I wanted to try out, was the Omnipod. Because it is wireless. And that's the one and only reason. But the Omnipod is not available in our teeny tiny country. 

I was so happy with my pump. I could personalise it, it reminded me to provide insulin, there were many alarms I set and used all the time. This really sucks... 

I was really happy with customer service as well. They helped me out whenever I needed their help. At home, I used the software to make back ups of my daily diabetic life, so I didn't have to keep any written records. 

I feel for the American employees that lost their jobs because of Deltec going out of pump business. I pray for them and their families that a good solution will be found. In our country, people will not loose their job over it. They will switch to another brand and they will move on with their lives.

I want to thank Deltec Cozmo, for the nearly 3 fine years that I could use their pump. It's been a true pleasure and nobody else has been that close to me 24/7 as my Cozmo. I'm not ready to give it up. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. Please don't make me.

No comments: