Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thriving in my kitchen



If you know me, you know I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. Since we have bought this house in 1997, this is our second kitchen. I'm very happy with it. It's handy, it looks great and above all: there is a lot of space for all of my appliances. 

I think you can never have enough appliances and one can always please me with another kitchen gadget. I love to shop in kitchen specialty shops. Going through the appliances, I come up with new recipes and inspiration to cook some more.

I'm very proud of my stove. It has 6 gas burners and a large oven. Every day, I use this stove to cook on and experiment with food and herbs. I don't know where I got the love for cooking. I had not cooked an egg before I went to college. I didn't do much cooking then either. When I lived in the US, I used to prepare the meals for the children and I got the hang of it. Bought myself some cook books and I became addicted..

Nowadays I read cook books as if they were some kind of an exciting story. I watch every cooking programme on TV and I love to go out for dinner, to get some new ideas. I'm very happy to have a friend that shares my interest for cooking. We share recipes and once in a while, we cook together.

Whenever I read a fabulous recipe, I rush to the kitchen to start making it. My pantry is stuffed with basic products everyone should have access to. I can always cook a simple but delicious meal with whatever is in the fridge or pantry. I believe that is pretty exciting..! I hate an empty pantry! I think I have to go out to get some more groceries..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Het 'leren koken' geërfd van je ouders misschien?
Jong gezien oud gedaan?

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

nee hoor, echt niet.