Saturday, June 20, 2009

If today were your last day

If today were your last day, what would you do? Would you want the doctors to tell you, the end is in sight? Or would you prefer not to know?

Imagine you are a healthy person and all of a sudden, doctors tell you that you have this awful disease and you don't have much longer to live. Would you live those months to the fullest? Would you collapse and get depressed and waste the rest of your time? Or would you stick your head in the sand, pretending nothing has changed?

Sometimes I ask myself those questions. Not that I think I'm going to die. But to make sure that I make the best of every day. Wouldn't it be awful to be at the end of your rope, and realise that your life is full of regrets? Imagine that you haven't done whatever you wanted to do and you haven't fulfilled your dreams? Maybe you haven't told your loved ones enough, how much you appreciate them?

I think I live my life to the fullest. I have no regrets. If I were to start all over, I wouldn't change anything. Because I'm pretty happy with the life I'm leading. And I'm grateful for every day I get to spend on this earth. If today were my last day, I could say I lived a good life.

But guess what? I'm still here! And I'm not going anywhere!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

This is a gr8 post! You write very well. After having my lil one, I've begun to think 'what if today were my last day?." I think it's important to live life by this. I just need to obide by this daily. It hard to get caught up into the day to day negativity. Good luck w/ everything!

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Hi Hollie!

Thank you for complimenting me on my writing. I wish you all the best too. Where are you from and how old is little one now?