Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's cooking?

I don't know how your family works, but in this family I do most of the cooking and I love doing so. I wouldn't like my husband to cook. Every part of the cooking is a joy. It starts figuring out what we are going to have. It's exciting to look into cook books, roam through the supermarket and pick out the fresh vegetables to cook later on. Filling up the fridge with all those goodies is my job. That's probably why we have two fridges. LOL..

The only thing I don't like about cooking, is cleaning up afterwards. Thank goodness hubby is really good at it. He even cleans the stove and the counter top and he makes the taps shine. He's great! And no matter how much time you spend in the kitchen, in 5 minutes the plates are cleared. But then again, it must mean that they liked your food, right? I would feel pretty bad if I had to bring full plates back to the kitchen..

Being a diabetic, I pay more attention to food and what we eat. Our diet is a simple, healthy diet, not any different from the diet of any healthy person. It includes fresh fruit and crisp veggies, some meat or fish (I prefer fish though), carbohydrates as potatoes/rice/pasta/.. and once in a while: dessert! Don't even make me think of it!!! Aaarrgghh!!


No comments: