Sunday, July 12, 2009

You're a wonderful man

My favorite uncle had his birthday today. I was in the neighborhood, but didn't find the time to pay him a visit. Age hasn't changed him much, he's still the uncle I remember from my childhood: caring, loving, sensible, smart, handy. I like him a lot, and so does my family. Eva in particular, is very fond of him. She calls him "daddy". Not in the same meaning as she calls her father "papa", but she loves him very much. They always joke around when we visit. When she was younger, he used to drive her around the backyard in a wheelbarrow. They share a special, secret handshake. I remember this "secret" handshake from my own childhood.
He still has tapes of me, singing and reading out loud my new year's wishes. It always startles me that he has kept those tapes. I can honestly say he's really fond of us as well..


No comments: