Saturday, August 8, 2009

No sweat

It's pretty hectic around here. Tomorrow, we're having two birthday parties at my mother-in-law's place. So I'm preparing some goodies to take along. The kitchen is a total disaster right now, but hey, we'll all be fed tomorrow, so no sweat, right?

I just put a Southern style goat cheese/red pepper/zucchini quiche in the oven. Meanwhile, I'm making the Moroccan B'Stilla again: the chicken is being cooked and all the other ingredients are waiting to be used.
We have a lot of rhubarb in the back yard, so I'm going to make a rhubarb crumble as well. The dough for Brussels waffles is sitting in the sun, until it's time to bake some waffles for the children. And how about a good old fashioned caramel apple pie? Does that sound like a plan or what? Okay, I won't forget to make some cream puffs, covered with chocolate glaze, I promise! Or maybe chocolate mousse??? I don't know yet.. And kahlua syllabub with golden hokey pokey... Oh my gosh. Who's going to eat all of that?

And no, I'm not going to clean up afterwards.. forget it.. Cooks don't do dishes.


No comments: