Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sweet child of mine

Sweet child of mine.. You've been away for more than a week now. Today, you'll be home around noon and I'll be so happy to see you! I want to hug you right now, because after all, I did miss you heaps! I'm sure you will have spent a wonderful time in summer camp, fooling around with your friends, dressing up, having a tan and eating rhubarb-banana sauce (you hate it! but it's tradition!). You said you were going to refuse the rhubarb-banana sauce. That would leave you to do all the dishes, but you preferred that chore over the hateful fruit dessert.
We couldn't reach you by text message, because the supervisors found out all of you brought your cell phones. And if there's something they don't like.. at least not from you girls! I bet they kept their own phones?
It'll be a very busy day. Your cousin has her 10th birthday and she and I will have our birthday party at grandma's. You don't know about that yet. I know you will be looking forward to the goodies!
I missed you sweetie and I'm glad you'll be home in a couple of hours, safe and sound.


No comments: