Saturday, August 1, 2009

We're here for a good time

A couple of weeks ago, I met a new friend I got to know via Facebook. I visited her twice already and we spent a great time on both occasions. What a lovely lady she is. She has a heart for people and animals. She has two cats (one of them is white, has two different colored eyes and is deaf) and a fantastic black Labrador, Nox. He is a guidance dog. Maggy is in a power chair, due to a muscular disease (SMA) and she's a very independent woman, although she needs help at times. She lives by herself and she has a way of handling things the best she can. And I must say: she does real well! It's a joy to go visit her and go out for lunch and do some shopping. She's fun to be around.

It makes me humble to be around Maggy. She makes me realise that life is important and we have to live it the best we can. Some people have more difficulties in life than others, but life is worth living. We may complain about silly things, like the weather or a flat tire on our bike, but how about people that spend their life in a wheel chair, depending on the good will of others to help them out? I think those people are very brave. At times, their disease causes a lot of pain, that is almost unbearable. I don't know if I would have the courage they have.. It's always good to meet people like her. Her character makes you forget that she's physically disabled. She's a good friend to hang out with. Period.

2 comments:

Maggy said...

Heel leuk om lezen en euh kvind je ook toffe madam en wil nog vaak met je afspreken.... hugie Maggy
http://users.pandora.be/maggy.boone

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

komt in orde Maggy, wees gerust :-)