Monday, March 15, 2010

Et maintenant?

We just had a great conversation on the phone. We talked for over more than an hour. It's been a while since I last saw you, so we had to catch up. You're 75 now, but still very alive and kicking. By the tone of your voice, I can say how happy you are. You are a special lady. Life hasn't been easy on you. You raised your children by yourself and you even raised your grandchildren. Nowadays, you have two greatgrandchildren and they are as welcome as you welcomed your own kids. You are a terrific mami!

I hope to see you some day soon. I would like to introduce Rebba and Inthe to you. You have some affection when it comes to whippets, since your son owned one for many years. You're looking forward to seeing mine.

Just like me, you're a diabetic. You're a type 2 and I'm a type 1, but that doesn't matter. You are well educated on the subject and you know what you are talking about. I smiled when you told me you are still in to gymnastics and you work out on a daily basis. What an example! Your family is very lucky to have you. I'm lucky to have you. Our family is not the best family around, but you and I get along pretty well. I guess we think alike a lot and we live our life to the fullest. Thank you auntie, for being there for me.


No comments: