Monday, March 15, 2010

Kitchen gadgets


Don't you just love kitchen gadgets? I'm always looking out for new gadgets to use in the kitchen. The latest one I bought, was a decorating knife. You can use it to cut veggies in a special way. Make little waffles out of potatoes, cucumber, carrots, red beets, radishes, horseradish, zucchini. Your salad will look totally different with these shaped crudités. It took me several months to find this special knife, and all that time, it was just sitting in a cook shop in Bruges. I pass that shop on a weekly basis, when I'm in Bruges to pick up my youngest daughter. I was afraid to enter the shop, because I know there will be so many things I would want to buy.

I also bought some silicon covers. They can be pulled over an open tin (think cat food, dog food), to keep the contents moist and to prevent these flavors from ruining the rest of the fridge.

So if you have a special kitchen gadget and you want to share that with me, you know where to find me!

No comments: