Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In loco parentis


You are having a real hard time. So hard, you can't think straight anymore. I know life's not been easy on you and the worst is yet to come. Not being with the person you love the most, is heart wrecking and devastating. I'm not going to say I know what it feels like, because I don't. But no doubt you are desperate and suffering.

There's a possibility that the two of you will not be reunited the way you want it to be. You are not prepared to give in, under no circumstances. You have set your goals and your terms and according to you, there are no other options. I understand, because it's against your belief in motherhood. But can't you make the best of it and choose an option that is as close to your wishes as possible? The clock is ticking, May is getting closer. You don't have much time left and you are scaring away the people around you. You no longer wish for me to come or help you. That's your choice and your absolute right. But if it will help you? I doubt it.. Too bad you can't trust the people that care.. Life isn't fair. Nobody said it was. But we have to make the best of it. Even if that means softening the edges and being less sharp.

You were given a very good solution. A durable, trustworthy solution. If I were you, I would gladly embrace that option with open arms. But I'm not you and you're not me. I haven't gone through your ordeal and I don't have your disease. I'm just an outsider. But I care. You may say I don't, but deep down, you know real well I have supported you the best I could. I wish you all the best..


No comments: