Sunday, March 21, 2010

Is Alli a good ally?

There are numerous pills out there, that promise you weight loss. I have tried several and not one of them has done the job. The adds look very promising and the models they show are not even overweight. But even they need to loose weight..

There's Reductil. Or I must say: there was Reductil. Because it's no longer available. Too dangerous, the scientists claim. It was supposed to make you eat less. I tried it. I didn't eat less, since I don't eat that much to begin with.. And it's probably not a surprise that I didn't become thinner.

Acomplia is another one. Same thing here: was.. Because this weight killer is off market, because it allegedly made some suicidal. There were quite some studies about this promising diet pill though, and it was going to be the best diet pill ever. Been there, done that. Didn't do anything for me. And I'm still alive.

Xenical leaves you with terrible diarrhea if you don't cut back on your fat intake. Then what does the trick? The pill or the fact that you stopped eating fatty foods??? It didn't help me either, because I'm not a fat junk. My body doesn't cope well with greasy food.

The latest pill to help you loose weight, is Alli. For every 2 KG you loose, Alli makes you loose one KG extra. At least, that's what they say. There's only one problem: as soon as you stop taking the pill, it makes your weight go up again. So what's the use?? You can't take pills all your life, can you? This Alli pill may be compared to Xenical. The only difference is, that Xenical comes with prescription and Alli is over the counter. Alli contains half the dose of Xenical. So if you take two instead of one, you have taken the dose that is only available on doctor's prescription. Hello???

The best thing for now, is to move on. Keep eating healthy. Buy bigger clothes sizes. Cope with it. The only certainty I have, is that I won't loose any weight the traditional way. On the contrary.. Years of dieting are taking its toll.

No comments: