Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Squeeze me

I hesitated, but I bought it anyway. I just couldn't walk out the store, without buying the cheapest juice extractor ever. The Moulinex vitae Y36 juicer normally costs around 55 euros and I got it for: 2,50 euros! That's what I call a good deal. Okay, it's not new, but I'm not sure how much I will like vegetable juice. So I'll experiment and I'll see how I like it.

It's not a very sophisticated appliance, but it'll do for a beginner. I have done smoothies before, that's what I use my blender for. But this juicer is meant for squeezing juice out of vegetables and fruit. I have to count carbohydrates because I'm a diabetic. Fresh fruit juices contain a whole lot of carbs, so I don't drink them that often. If I could enrich the fruit juice with vegetable juice, it would contain less sugar. It would also be good for me to have more vegetables a day. I don't know what my stomach will say if it gets carrot-celery-apple juice, but I'll give it a try.

It would have been better if I had read the manual before trying out my first juice. This machine doesn't take orange peels... That tasted so.. peel-like. Ugh.

All the different parts that come in contact with food, can be washed in the dish washer. That was a must, since I'm not prepared to do much cleaning up after blending juices.

So if you have any favorite recipes, feel free to share them. This is a recipe I have tried and embraced:

* 1 medium carrot
* 1 apple
* a small piece of fresh ginger


No comments: