Monday, April 12, 2010

Get cute for you!

Being overweight, sometimes you just don't bother to dress up. Putting make up on, is the first thing you stop doing. Skipping appointments with the hair dresser might be next in line. Shopping for clothes is no longer considered as a fun outing and you fear the mirrors in the mall. So you don't go. Is it necessary to shave your legs if you don't want anybody do see you?

Summer is on its way, I hear. People are happier and they seem more relaxed. Normally that goes for me as well. Not this year. Not with this weight. How can I look forward to sun tanning, sleeveless shirts or skirts and bare legs? I just don't. Because it doesn't feel good. It's hard to accept a body that is not familiar to you. You don't want to be in that body and it makes you feel unhappy about who you are. Because I do know that the outer body is just appearance and yes, the inner me is more important. But it's that outer body I see in the mirror every time I enter the bathroom. And it's not a pretty sight..

Maybe I should start treating myself better. Of course I want to look my best for the people I care for. I feel that part is not working right now, because I don't feel pretty at all.
It might be helpful if I could start to pamper my body, just for me. I could get cute, just for me. Not for anybody else. Do you think I could enjoy applying body lotion just for me? I don't know. It's been a while. I haven't thought of it for a long time. Taking a fragrant bubble bath, spending quite some time in the bathroom to blow dry my hair or put on mascara. I could give it a try. I guess..


No comments: