Sunday, April 11, 2010

The horse whisperer


It was your dream to go see the horse whisperer. You and your sister love to go horseback riding and that's what the two of you do every Wednesday. I love to see the two of you ride. It also reminds me of my childhood and the years I used to ride my favorite horse Torro.. It's been a while, but it's still there, in my memory..

Yesterday, Hippo and Friends - the Belgian organization for children with diabetes - treated you on an outing to the horse whisperer Joel. You had been looking forward to this event and so had we. I wasn't sure I was going to get there, because I still can't drive my car and walking is not really allowed yet. I tried to use my crutches as much as possible, and we had a great day.

Joel did real well, trying to make you feel at ease and one with the horses. You have a wonderful mommy, did you know that? She does the best she can to let you go ride on a weekly basis. I know the two of you love her to pieces. It's a gift to see the big smile on your little faces... Both you girls love animals and you would never hurt one. Neither would Joel, the horse whisperer. In fact, he rescues horses from mean owners and death. He's a pretty special guy!

It was a 1.5 hour drive, but well worthwhile. Thanks for the invitation. I'm really glad I came along..


No comments: