Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creative, fun and less worry!

I'm a girl.. trust me. Always looking out for new ways to carry my insulin pump. After all, that insulin pump is attached to your body 24/7, so why wouldn't you make the best of it and try to find great ways to carry it around?

Real soon after I had been given my first insulin pump, I found Pumpwear on the Internet. Pumpwear has its own online shop, full of goodies for people with diabetes. You have no idea, but some items are really fabulous. And yes, I have ordered quite some things so far. It doesn't matter the store is not located over here. Online shopping is so easy and Pumpwear ships real fast.

My last order was a thigh pump band. Since I use the Accu-Chek Combo pump, I no longer need to use my pump to give myself a shot of insulin. I have a remote control now to do so. In that manner, the pump can remain hidden under my shirt or wherever I want to hide it. That's where Pumpwear comes in handy. They offer many different ways to hide your pump. As the word says, the thigh pump band goes around.. your thigh. It has a little pocket to hold your pump. Great to wear under a skirt, dress or wide trousers.

On Facebook, I joined the Pumpwear group and that's where I found the new bra pump pocket. The pump pocket is the latest in versatility. With garter like hooks and a satin pocket, you can place the pump in many new ways. Use the pump pocket under the arm, in the front or back of a bra or attached to other undergarments. You'll be pleasantly surprised on how hidden the pump really can become.

Don't forget to check on the Zipps! They are great pump pockets (I don't have them in my collection yet, and I'm sad I missed them the last time I made an order...) that hide your tubing well. Check the description, so you can see how the Zipps work.

In our country, there aren't many options for us pumpers, to shop for diabetes accessories. That's where Pumpwear comes in handy. Meter cases for example. I don't grasp why companies still believe meter cases should be black and boring! There are so many cute and fun cases out there. I have never used those dull meter cases and I have already bought several other cases on Pumpwear. There's one more I fancy. It's called the Buttercup Organizer. Don't you think it looks kinda cool??? It comes with a small matching case to trash your used meter strips. The organizer can be easily put away in your purse or backpack. To be recommended!

No comments: