Saturday, October 30, 2010

Curiosity killed the cat

There is this wonderful lady in my surroundings, with great knowledge and years of experience, whom I love to talk to. She has so much wisdom and many interesting stories to tell, that I wouldn't have enough time to hear all of them. I'm so curious about her past, her life, her family. I wish she would let me write down her numerous recipes. I'm always curious about her cooking methods. She has a family of 6 sons and she has cooked so many meals in so many years, that she could write more than a dozen of family style cookbooks. I know I would buy them!

In January, we'll spend some time together. I'll bring my notebook so she can dictate her favorite recipes for me to keep and prepare. It'll never be the same, because following a recipe to the T is not something I'm used to doing, but I'll give it a try. Her recipes don't need any alterations. They are fine as they are.

She's a loving mom and I'm very lucky to call her my friend. It's my pleasure to spend time with her and discuss whatever keeps her busy. She has welcomed me into her family and I feel blessed. Thanks for being who you are, Mrs. T!

No comments: