Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dig in!

Last night, we had dinner in Antwerp before we crossed the road to go see Dance of the Vampires. I'm glad I don't have those long fangs as vampires appear to have. It would make it much more difficult and messy to enjoy dinner!

As usual the costumes and the decor were extraordinary. Wow. The theatre was crowded, but nevertheless we had great seats! Right in the middle and not too many tall people sitting in front of us.
Sara, Albert and the Count did a terrific job. They have great voices and they acted real well in this funny but scary tale. But my favorite actor/singer was the professor though! I don't have a clue but his breath seems endless! The lines he can sing in one breath.. it's just.. breathtaking, right. There was one song where his voice reminded me of Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar.
The son of the Count was warmly welcomed by the public as well. Hahaha! if someone would tell me he were the brother of Barbie, I would have believed so. The crowd adored him!

The dancers were very good. Stepping out of their coffins on the grave yard, I had this déjà vu that they would dance Michael Jackson's Thriller! This one particular male vampire was really scary. The way he moved his body was almost snake like!
The music was good, so I bought the CD as well as the show book. Another memory for my musical box. I'm so glad our friends introduced us into the musical world. It's a pleasure to go out and spend a great evening in the theatre. Maybe I should get myself a set of vampire teeth and act out in the dark..

No comments: