For those who follow my blog, it's no secret that I like to spend a lot of time in my kitchen. Cooking, baking, trying out new recipes, there are so many challenges to face and so little time.
This time, I'm giving you the recipe for amazingly good cookies.
Try them out, you won't regret it. And your beloved ones will love you for it.
What do we need:
- 80 grams of rolled oats
- 75 grams of margarine
- 235 ml of boiling water
- 90 grams of cornmeal
- 1/2 cube of stock (beef or chicken)
- 120 ml of milk
- 120 grams of shredded cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 360 grams of whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Combine the oats, margarine, boiling water and the stock cube. Let stand for 10 min.
- Grease your cookie sheet or use baking paper.
- Stir in cornmeal, milk, cheese and egg.
- Mix in flour - 1 cup at a time - until a stiff dough has formed.
- Add the rest of the flour, kneading the dough until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to make perfect cookies.
- Bake the cookies 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown.
- Store the cookies in a loosely covered container.