There's this show on TV that teaches people to cook healthy on a budget. It was interesting to say the least. I'm not the type of person that buys prepared meals. It never even crosses my mind to do so. And I guess I wouldn't even like it! I do prepare our meals myself and that's the way I want to keep doing it. But I could use some tips on spending less money on healthy food.. So I'm a fan of this kind of programmes! I'm up for it!
Here are some useful tips to save quite a bit of money on your grocery shopping and still eat healthy!
- Make bedrock recipes and turn them into different meals (cooked ground beef can be the base for spaghetti sauce, shepherd's pie or chili con carne)
- Plan before you shop (make a list of what you're going to cook that week and stick to that list)
- Check your leftovers and use those before you race to the shop
- Make sure you have healthy basics in your pantry
- Use affordable but healthy and tasty ingredients