I sometimes eat artichokes for lunch. It doesn't require anything else and I find it very fulfilling. You may serve artichoke hearts as an appetizer if you prefer. But if you do want your artichokes to be a whole meal, you could try this recipe. It doesn't ask for fresh artichokes, so you can make it any time you want.
what do we need:
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (try to find marinated artichokes, it will add to the taste)
- 60 grams of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 90 ml of good mayonnaise
- 90 ml of sour cream
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a clove of garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breast halves
what do we do:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Mix the artichokes with the cheese, mayo, sour cream, pepper and salt and garlic.
- Place the chicken in a greased baking dish and cover evenly with the artichoke mixture.
- Bake the dish for 30 min or until the chicken is done.
- Serve with slices of fresh baguette and a green salad.